Monday 6 August 2012

Day 59: How Far can We Stretch our Customers? - Part 2

For context, please read: Day 58: How Far can We Stretch our Customers? - Part 1

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to try to milk my customers as much as I can so that I can earn as much profit as I can - and to be able to do this use the concept of elasticity and if I see that the product I am selling has low price elasticity of demand - I will make the price unnecessarily high, because I know that my customers will pay the higher price anyways.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think 'Suckers!!!!!!' as I raise my price in seeing that the product I am providing has a low price elasticity of demand - because I know that I am fucking over my customers but there is nothing they can do about it, because I am simply following the rules of the free market economy - and thus, I know that I am abusing my fellow human, but can get away with it and within that I feel all powerful and smart because I have got the long end of the straw.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that just because I am operating my business in a legal way, that my behaviour is acceptable - instead of seeing, realising and facing the actuality of my actions for what they are: that I am taking advantage of people and what people need.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise the disgrace and absurdity of an economic system that allows individuals to literally play with the lives of others by raising prices as long as there is enough people that are willing and able to pay the higher price - without considering that there are simply things that HAVE TO be available to everyone, such as housing, food, clean and drinkable water, electricity, education, etc. - just to be able to survive in this world - and thus any economic system where people are left out is unacceptable and must be stopped.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that in teaching students of economics what the concept of elasticity means and implies, we are educating the next generation in how to fuck over our fellow human beings, making sure that our legacy of nastiness and spitefulness continues - where we will fuck someone over and then smile and say "hey, it's just business".

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to abdicate all responsibility for my actions within the economic system to the rules of the game - because: hey, this is how it's done, it's nothing personal, I gotta do what I gotta do - as though the game and its rules can ever exist without its players - not realising that it is the players who play the game that create and sustain the game - and therefore, each and every one is responsible on a personal level for all the atrocities that are accepted and allowed as consequences of playing the game of free trade.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that my behaviour of nastiness and spitefulness is acceptable in economics, because everyone's nastiness and spitefulness will 'balance each other out' so that, in the end - the consequences of this spitefulness and nastiness remain limited and contained - without realising and seeing the ridiculousness of such a statement and belief.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that our economic system is simply showing us how we have limited ourselves into believing that we'll never be anything else than lying and cheating bastards who will smile in each others' face and then stab each other in the back - and as long as we keep training new generations in the way of Nasty Economics, we ensure that this is all humanity will ever be - instead of just stopping the insanity and commit ourselves to stopping any form of abuse, inequality, atrocity, nastiness, spitefulness, backchatting and backstabbing - and create a world that is a home, rather than a minefield.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that we've created our world to be one big minefield where we are living in continuous fear of being fucked over by other people, because we know that's what they do - because we know that's what we do - yet on the surface we will be friendly and cheerful and say 'I love you so much' - because admitting to the reality of the situation and actually facing our fears seems like too daunting a task, not realising that what we're currently saying is: 'let me rather just try and avoid the invisible mines and try to not get blown to pieces' - as though that's such an easy task.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that because we suppress our fears of each other every moment of the day, doesn't mean that they are not existent within us and that it is not how we truly experience ourselves - but we rather pretend to be and feel different than who we really are by playing a character of joy and peace and love, continuously suppressing the FEAR that lingers within, until one day we get a burn-out and become depressed and we don't understand why - not realising that how you experience yourself in those moments is how you actually always experience and have experienced yourself inside - as a creature that does not feel, nor know, nor understand joy, peace or love.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realise that I have never really seen or experienced myself as everything that I have suppressed within myself, yet keeps lurking in the darkness - but only ever experienced myself as the various characters that I have designed for myself to be able to cope with my environment and my inner reality for those moments where 'dark thoughts and emotions' creep up to the surface - in the same way that I have never really seen or experienced the world we live in as all the pain, agony and atrocities that happen every day - but only focus on those parts of the world that make me feel better about myself and make me feel like I am living a good life, a happy life - blinded by fear of what I have created and continue creating every moment of the day that I ignore who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment