Wednesday 15 August 2012

Day 68: The Functions of Money - Part 2

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a money economy, where money has no practical relation to the physical reality and sustainability – as money can simply be printed or made up out of anything without anyone regulating whether the amount of money in circulation actually represents the capacity of the Earth – as all our economic system currently cares about is the ‘pursuit of happiness’ -- but this ‘pursuit of happiness’ is only available for a few, where a few will have access to the majority of the resources while everyone else is being deprived – where an elite is living a lifestyle of abundance which is unsustainable with no regard for present and future implication / consequence

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the belief that money is only worth something when it is ‘backed up’ by ‘gold’ or ‘silver’ – is in fact false , as gold and silver are just material substances, like paper – which we’ve assigned particular values to, and so within backing up ‘paper money’ with ‘precious metal money’ is the same as backing up money with money – where we’re backing up one symbol representing money with another symbol representing money – which is the same as not backing up your money with anything

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that even if money was backed up by gold or silver – that this would make no change whatsoever to the current situation in the world and the enormous inequality gap we are faced with – as the problem is not the money but us humans and our distorted value system, as we only value our limited self-interest and care only about our ‘personal pursuit of happiness’, without ever considering the happiness and wellbeing of the whole, as the whole of society and all living beings involved – and thus as long as we do not sort out our values it doesn’t matter whether our money is backed up or not – we’ll still be on a straight track to our own self-destruction as our value system is unsustainable and as far removed from physical reality as can be

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame money as ‘the root of all evil’ – without seeing and realising that money is merely a tool, a concept to facilitate exchange and the allocation of resources – and the only real Evil is us humans, as we are responsible for the Equation through which money flows, which currently is seated within Inequality as the current Money Equation favours those who Have over those who Have Not – and so the suffering in the world as poverty, starvation and war is not the result of Money, as Money is merely a tool – but at the fault of those who wield the tool, which is us humans – and so the root of all Evil is us Humans as irresponsible wielders of a powerful tool, as Money is currently the tool which decides who lives and who dies

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created an economic reality which relies on money and where people rely on Money to survive, but where we’ve accepted and allowed money to be Unreliable through manifestations such as Inflation, where those who know less about money and how money works are at a disadvantage where their personal access to resources will decrease overtime if they rely on money only simply because they are unaware of how the system works

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that money as it is now is not a ‘fixed reality’ – as money is based on agreement and this agreement can change, where we collectively can decide to have a money economy based on Life and Sustainability where money again is just a tool used to facilitate exchange and the allocation of resources but which flows through an Equality Equation ensuring that All are taking care of, as All are Equally Valuable as Life – and so the Equal Money System do not prefer one Life form or being over another – and will cater for everyone, ensuring a Life of Comfort and Freedom for ALL in Fact, Now and in the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment