Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 15: SAPs: Structural Adjustment Programs or Silent Annihilation of the Poor?

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise the consequences due to badly designed policies such as Structural Adjustment Programs where the Developed Countries apparently do the Lesser Developed Countries (LDCs) a favour through granting them a loan, where a whole bunch of conditionalities are attached to this loan which actually on work in the favour of the "Developed Countries"

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that in the current world economic system the lifestyle and consumption habits of the rich nations are only sustainable at the expense of the continued deterioration of living standards of the poor nations

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to impose rules unto other which I do not follow myself such as demanding LDCs to drop their protectionist barriers, tariffs and quotas while I as the Developed Countries will maintain and even raise more barriers to "protect" myself/ourselves from the cheap goods coming from poor countries

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the hypocrisy of economists all around the globe is costing millions of lives

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where 21 000 children die on Earth EVERY DAY

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to make an issue of the thousands of children dying every day

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where money is more important than the lives of others -- where the media will not broadcast what is going on day in and day out in terms of people dying where a child dies every 4 seconds yet it is not considered news worthy

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where humans will only 'move' when they are triggered through "sensationalism" -- and thus the media and the news will not broadcast the thousands of people dying every day but will broadcast conflicts, earthquakes, war and tsunamis -- and within that I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that the 21 000 children (and that is only children under 5!) dying every day, is the equivalent to a 2011 Libya conflict-scale death toll happening every day, equivalent to as 2010 Haiti earthquake occurring every 10 days, a 2004 Asian Tsunami occurring every 11 days, an Iraq-scale death toll every 19-46 days -- yet somehow these sporadic events are more newsworthy and more "sensational" and the death and despair happening --every--single--day

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that I am an accomplice in child murder every moment of every day as long as the current world economic system is maintained and supported -- as the current world economic system does not care about poverty, hunger and disease when they are happening to the poor -- which turn out to be the majority of the population

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where 2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation -- while others have their bathrooms made out of gold

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world where 1 billion children are deprived of one or more services essential to survival and development -- while others have more money than they can ever spend

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created a world of polarity where 1.1 billion people are underweight and at the same time 1.1 billion people are overweight -- indicating that there's some serious shit going on in the world

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have created and allowed a world to exist where 40-50% of all food for harvest never gets eaten -- while more than half of the population on Earth does not get their basic food requirements met


I commit myself to change the current world economic system of murder and genocide to a world economic system of LIFE

I commit myself to expose the horror and atrocities committed daily through simple acceptance and allowance of the status quo

I commit myself to expose the media for the money-grabbing industry it is -- an industry which is not interested in truly reporting the state of the world but only wants to broadcast "News" as "Sensationalism" and since the continued suffering of our fellow human beings in the world is not "new" anymore it is simply neglected

I commit myself to the transformation of the media and "watchdogs" of the world to a media which truly report the events occurring around the world without being selective about that is broadcasted based on the motivation of money

I commit myself to expose how the current world economic system where the Money God rules, demands a child sacrifice every 4 seconds which is willingly offered by us collectively through our acceptances and allowances

I commit myself to expose the evil that has become of us humans and the extent that we will abuse one another in the name of Money and Dreams

I commit myself to a New world economic system as Equal Money where all humans basic needs will be cared for -- out with the golden toilets!

I commit myself to the re-evaluation of all economic policies as they were only ever done from the starting point of self-interest and greed and NEVER within the best interest of the whole

I commit myself to the establishment of a World Economic System which is Best for All Life

No comments:

Post a Comment